Philosophy - Vision - Mission
The Academy of Arts & Minds Charter High School is a vibrant arts center influenced by the rich cultural diversity of the Miami-Dade community. The school contributes to the rich cultural texture of the Coconut Grove community where the gates to imagination, intellect, fantasy and creativity are wide open, and where the arts are advanced through education, professional artistic expression and the interaction that takes place between them. Students are exposed to a solid academic curriculum and develop artistic sensibilities in dance, music, poetry, drama, prose and painting. The multicultural community of students and teachers are all learners, ignited by the fire of excellence that will burn throughout their lifetime as productive and peace minded members of society.
Academic Mission and Vision
Vision: The Academy of Arts & Minds Charter High School develops Renaissance young men and women through a rigorous academic curriculum and a boundless immersion in the arts.
Mission: The mission of the Academy of Arts & Minds Charter High School is to:
1. Create a positive and challenging environment blending the academic and arts to develop students’ artistic and professional aspirations.
2. Celebrate and value the rich tapestry of the schools diverse population.
3. Foster opportunities for artistic performances and exhibitions in the community.
4. Employ a rigorous curriculum driven by research and data.
5. Incorporate technology within the curriculum.
6. Promote involvement as citizens of the world through curriculum, service and club activities.
7. Prepare students to meet their post secondary endeavors in a 21st century global society.